Click column header to sort
Complete Building Services is in search of a Building Engineer with a Maryland 2nd Class license to assist the Chief Engineer with the maintenance and upkeep of the building and its systems. Located in the Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD. The hours are M-F 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
As our Building Engineer, your Major Duties will be:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly inspections of systems and associated equipment.
- Perform preventative and general maintenance on a scheduled basis.
- Maintain equipment to industry standards.
- Diagnose and repair HVAC, plumbing, and electrical problems as required and/or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide assistance and support to sub-contractors designated to perform installation and/or repair of equipment and/or hardware as required.
- Interface with the building manager and other customer representatives to ensure client satisfaction.
- Run wiring, cabling, and ductwork, and mount equipment according to specifications as directed.
- Operate and maintain HVAC, electrical, and security systems and associated hardware and equipment as directed.
- Prepare predictive maintenance on assigned equipment to prevent breakdowns and/or outages.
- Accurately document work performed on tickets and/or work orders.
Complete Building Services is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Integrated Facilities Maintenance Team in supporting a large (1 million sq. ft.) facility located in Washington, DC. The hours are Wednesday - Sunday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm.
Repairs and maintenance of:
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors
- Patch minor holes and cracks in walls or ceilings using plaster or compound
- Repair or replace sinks, water coolers, and toilets
- Painting of structures and equipment
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks
- Replace damaged paneling and floor tiles
- Hang doors and install door locks
- Replace broken window panes
- Perform general maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Perform other duties as assigned
Complete Building Services is hiring a Locksmith to join one of our educational partners in Annandale, VA.
In this role, the Locksmith installs, repairs, modifies and opens a variety of locking mechanisms found on doors, desks, compartments, mobile equipment, safes, and vaults. This person examines the locking mechanism and installs a new unit or disassembles the unit and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts or repairs them by filing, drilling, chiseling, and grinding, opens door locks by moving lock pick in a cylinder or opens safe locks by listening to lock sounds or drilling. This worker makes new or duplicate keys, uses the key cutting machine, changes the combination by inserting new or repaired tumblers into the lock, and establishes keying systems for buildings.
Complete Building Services is looking to hire a Temporary/Work Control Coordinator at a large facility in Culpeper to help with backfill/fill-in work. The right candidate will be a good communicator, who has proficiency with Outlook and Excel and is computer savvy. Hours are Monday-Friday flexible from 7:30/8:00 to 3:30/4:00 PM.
- Project administration and reporting on project issues to contract officials, including status reports on preventive maintenance, trouble calls or staff generated service calls
- Scheduling Preventive Maintenance Orders and maintaining the Annual Work Plan (AWP)
- Receiving issuing and closing CMMS generated service and Logging completed work into the CMMS in a timely manner
- Procures and receives all parts and materials required to support the contract
- Maintains subcontracts for the Project Manager
- Material Acquisition
- Subcontractor Coordination and scheduling
- Coordinate directly with customer and/or customer representatives on issues requiring coordination and scheduling of resources required for facility maintenance operations.
- Payroll and time-sheet tracking
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Process payment requests and expense reports regularly
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- File monthly state, sales, and tax returns (MD, DC, and VA)
Complete Building Services is a facility management company that partners with major hotel brands Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, and Cambria. We are looking at bringing in a new Hotel Chief Engineer to support us in Chevy Chase, MD. In this role, you are eligible to make overtime. As a CBS Chief Engineer, you must be able to do the following:
- Assist in developing, managing, and operating capital budgets
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to achieve company and department goals
- Develop processes, procedures, and standards for the facilities operational performance
- Read and understand contract and RFP requirements
- Create an atmosphere of professionalism and mutual support among employees
- Review work performance of subordinates
- Manage and maintain the completion of the facility's scheduled PMs through the CMMS
- Assist with environmental compliance
- Assist with the compliance of local, state, and federal codes
- Develop, manage and coordinate all shift schedules including holiday, vacation, sick, and emergency coverages
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to discuss facility operations, project status, toolbox safety, and other relevant information
- Review, approve and submit weekly time sheets, work order tickets, and other required documentation
- Accurately document work performed on tickets and/or work orders
- As required, prepare and submit a cost analysis report for contracted work
- Assist with updating and implementing HAZCOM and environmental programs
- Set up, maintain, and use filing system
- Perform tool and equipment inventory monthly
- Maintain skills and knowledge to industry standards
- Perform annual and semi-annual performance reviews
Our new Electrician will be joining the team overseeing a large government facility in Washington, DC. The hours for this position are Monday - Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
A typical day may look something like this:
- Troubleshoot, install and repair electrical devices and components
- Read and interpret schematics and wire diagram
- Utilize multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and repair power distribution systems and cables
We are looking to hire a DC 3rd Class Engineer to work Monday through Friday on site at a Washington area facility.
What is a typical day like?
- Monitor building systems
- Performing PMs and completing service tickets
Complete Building Services is seeking a full-time Project/Property Manager for a large commercial building (400,000 sq. ft.) in the Baltimore area. The Property Manager will have five to seven years of experience, with three years in a building of comparable size and complexity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Uses innovation, and technology, in the overall planning, development, and administration of the facilities management and operations program.
- Responsible for financial management including cost control, reporting, forecasting, and budget to actual performance while taking corrective actions to ensure fiscal responsibility. Tracks and reports results on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for overall site management and coordination of staff. Ensure subordinate staff complies with performance standards and contractual requirements.
- Foster positive relationships with building staff and occupants, responsive to requests, and ensure contract compliance
- Oversees, with the support of project managers, maintenance repair projects at the facility including the development of proposals that address the scope of work, trades, and subcontractors within the project, and monitoring of project priorities and deadlines.
- Manages and monitors building, plant maintenance operations, janitorial, landscaping, window cleaning, snow removal, water treatment, generator, chiller, and boiler preventative maintenance, as well as performing tenant support for new tenant build-outs, capital projects and repairs using information from the CMMS system to report progress to customer.
- Monitors and inspects buildings/premises for fire, security, and life safety issues, and monitors plans for compliance with codes and state regulations. Utilizes staff to generate monthly compliance reports.
- Attends contract-related meetings, provides necessary reporting and keeps track of all work in the contract.
- Coordinate with supervisors who oversee subcontractors and contractors for repair, replacement, and preventive maintenance work, as well as procurement of proposals, contractor selection, and quality and cost control for building services like janitorial, landscaping, fire/life safety, and pest control.
- Reviews Quality Control and Safety procedures of trades staff as well as subcontractors to ensure focus on contractual requirements.
- Prior experience managing medium to large-scale IDIQ projects which are part of annual budgets. This includes work related to fire suppression systems, tenant build-outs, building retrofits, roof repairs, equipment upgrades, and capital improvements.
- Previous experience managing janitorial services, delivery, and adherence to corporate standards.
CBS is hiring a part-time journeyman electrician as a fill-in who will work on an as-needed basis with the team overseeing the Packard Audio Visual Campus in Culpeper, VA. We are looking for a person that has been performing work for at least the last four (4) years as a journeyman electrician within a similar facility and obtained comprehensive knowledge within the past seven (7) years in the areas of inspection and repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship program. You may be called to work to work as needed Monday-Friday, on weekends, or for special projects.