Complete Building Services, (CBS) a building operations/facilities maintenance company, currently has an opening for a Painter in Washington. CBS is a division of The Donohoe Companies, Inc. - Washington's oldest real estate company.
This position requires working independently to prepare surfaces, apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, or other finishes. Work involves the following: knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of paint required for different applications, preparing surface for painting by removing old finish or by placing putty or filler in nail holes and interstices, and applying paint with spray gun or brush. This person may mix colors, oils and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color or consistency. In general, the work of the maintenance painter requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Scrape, remove wallpaper, strip, sandpaper, prime, and/or seal surfaces prior to finishing
- Minor drywall and extensive painting
- Cover or otherwise protect furniture, carpeting, and other surfaces from paint spattering. Remove any spattered paint or over-spray
- Mix, match, and carefully apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes using spray gun, rollers, brushes, as indicated. Evaluate need for additional application(s)
- Safely erect scaffolding as needed
- Clean and care for brushes, spray guns, and other equipment
- Hang and repair wallpaper, hang and repair drywall, apply and repair plaster, tape and apply joint compound as required
- Purchase routine supplies and make recommendations relating to the purchase of equipment, securing supervisory authorization for major expenditures
- Maintain clean, orderly, and safe work areas and comply with all generally recognized safety procedures
- May be assigned other responsibilities, such as moving furniture, driving agency vehicle, installing vinyl baseboard, caulking, and minor carpentry
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Background check required
- Must be able to work 4 pm to midnight
- Position requires specific education or skills in area of responsibility equivalent to trade school.