Complete Building Services, a building operations and facilities maintenance company, is seeking a Painter/Maintenance person for a hotel in Charlottesville, VA. CBS is a division of The Donohoe Companies, Inc. - Washington's oldest real estate company.
The Painter/Maintenance Tech will conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of system and associated equipment. Perform preventative and general maintenance to hotel guest-rooms (room turns) and public areas as assigned. Hours for this position are Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Scrape, remove wallpaper, strip, sandpaper, prime, and/or seal surfaces prior to finishing
- Cover or otherwise protect furniture, carpeting, and other surfaces from paint spattering. Remove any spattered paint or over-spray
- Mix, match, and carefully apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes using rollers, brushes, as indicated. Evaluate need for additional application(s)
- Clean and care for brushes, spray guns, and other equipment
- Hang and repair wallpaper, hang and repair drywall, apply and repair plaster, tape and apply joint compound as required
- Maintain clean, orderly, and safe work areas and comply with all generally recognized safety procedures
- May be assigned other responsibilities, such as moving furniture, driving agency vehicle, installing vinyl baseboard, caulking, and minor carpentry
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Hotel experience a plus
- Minimum 1 year doing room turns